2019-nCoV: How can you be safe from this?
January 31, 2020
The whole world is alarmed by this fast-spreading virus, known as novel coronavirus or 2019-nCoV, with 7,711 confirmed cases
in China and at least 15 other countries have already been infected. Yesterday, the Department of Health
has acknowledged the first case of the said virus in the Philippines which caused panic to every Filipino. Face masks and alcohol have gone out of stock in drugstores and medical supplies shops.
What do you need to know about coronavirus and 2019-nCoV?
Coronavirus is a kind of common virus that can cause illness to people such as infection in the nose, throat or sinuses while the 2019-nCoV is a type of coronavirus that causes respiratory illness.
What are the symptoms and what to do if you get sick?
If you have been to China or had close encounters with people from that country and you experience cough, fever or difficulty breathing, follow the steps below to prevent the virus from spreading in your home and community.
1. Avoid contact with others and refrain from going anywhere.
Use a tissue when sneezing and make sure to throw it in the trash bin after use.
If possible, stay in a different room in your home and use a separate bathroom. 2. Wear a face mask.
3. Cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing.
4. Observe and monitor your symptoms.
5. Don’t go near or handle animals or pets because the virus can also spread between animals and people.
6. Book an appointment with a doctor or healthcare provider immediately. Inform them about your symptoms so they can do precautionary measures to prevent other people from getting infected. How can I protect myself and my loved ones from this outbreak?
1. Wash your hands properly for at least 20 seconds using a germicidal soap to effectively remove 99.9% of the germs. Proper handwashing can reduce our risk of getting ill. If soap and water are not available, you can use an alcohol-based sanitizer as a replacement.
2. Avoid close contact with sick people, especially those with flu-like symptoms, such as hugging, kissing or shaking hands.
3. Cook meat and egg thoroughly in order to kill the most types of food poisoning bacteria and harmful germs.
4. Practice a healthy lifestyle by eating a well-balanced meal, doing regular exercise and getting enough sleep and rest. Is there any treatment available?
Currently, there is no vaccine or antiviral treatment available for novel coronavirus infection but you can always be prepared for any emergencies. In difficult times like these, you need to have a plan to cushion your financial burden.
Paramount Direct has designed a health insurance product that would cater to your health care needs. Hospital Income Benefit Plan
provides financial assistance for regular and dread disease confinements up to P4,000 daily and P8,000 daily, respectively. On top of that, this product also provides up to P80,000 cash benefits for long-term confinement.
Application age for Hospital Income Benefit Plan
starts from 20 to 64 years old, with an affordable premium for as low as P69 per month.
Be protected now than be sorry later. Hit the apply button below to start your coverage.