A Fresh Start for 2017
January 6, 2017
A Fresh Start for 2017
The sound of firecrackers exploding all over the night sky signal new beginnings--a new year, a new goal, and even more, a new start in life.
Ah, New Year’s, it’s more like a new opportunity to start anew.
Following the tradition, you might have your own list of resolutions, which for sure, consists of the usual, exercise more, eat healthier, save money (for real this time), and of course, quit bad habits. But sometimes, those resolutions are only good for a couple of months or even weeks.
So to help you out, here are some revised resolutions that are easier to keep:
Work smarter than harder
- we’ve been hearing it all over the place, “work hard”. But have you thought about working smart? Working smart has two factors--efficiency and effectiveness. Efficiency is when you finish work in a reasonable timeframe while effectiveness is when it results to positive outcomes. When you work hard, you exhaust all your energy and your effort; but when you work smart, you end up with more time for yourself.
Spend more time with your family and friends
- this goes with working smart. If you work smart, you will also have more time to spend with your loved ones. No more overtimes, so no more cancellation of plans!
“Replace” bad habits
- instead of forcing yourself to quit your bad habits, replace them with good ones. And again, this works with spending more time with your loved ones. If all your time is occupied, you will be thinking less of your vices since you’re spending most of your time bonding with them. It’s a win-win deal!
Invest instead of save
- yes, you’ve said that you will save money for the nth time--but here you are, still not coming up with any savings at all. This is because when you see something you want you take the first chance to buy it. So when you do actually save your money, allot a part of it as part of an investment. This way, your money is ensured that it is allocated to something that is sure to grow.
Protect your assets
- this is the most important thing that you have to do in your entire lifetime, to protect your assets. And by assets, it means your health, your money, and even your family. And to start your 2017 right, protect them all at once by getting a comprehensive insurance plan
. With this, your money is guaranteed to get more than its worth.
It sure is easy to start a New Year’s resolution, but what’s really hard is to keeping them for an entire year. Try making it into a habit, instead of thinking of it all as a chore.
The best thing to do is to wake up every day with courage to finish each day with progress to achieve your goals. Here’s to a productive 2017!